Drafted 56th overall in 1996, Chara will be the 6th defenseman in NHL history to play past the age of 42.
- At age 42, Zdeno Chára still seems to have energy to spare as he has just signed a one-year contract extension with the Boston Bruins.
- The defenseman base salary for the next season will be $ 2 million.
- It could also touch $ 1.75 million more depending on his performance on the ice
- Anyone complaining about this deal should step away from the keypad.
- With this extension, Zdeno Chára should play a 22nd season in the NHL.
- It would also be his 14th with the Boston Bruins.
- In 55 games this year, the big Dinosaur defender earned 11 points (4 goals and 7 assists).
- Zdeno Chára is currently the second oldest player to play in the NHL behind Matt Cullen.
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) March 23, 2019
Please follow and like us: